CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Bittersweet Goodye...

Dear 2010:

I would like to thank you for the new friendships that have been made, the old ones that have grown stronger, and the health of my family and friends. The survival of our family owned business, even though it has been a very, VERY difficult year. And though I would like to have spent much more time on myself and having FUN, I was disciplined enough to pay my bills, which is more than I can say for a lot of people I know who are spending foolishly and being hounded by debt collectors. You and I, however, are done.

A few people will argue that I have changed tremendously in the last year. But I have not. I am still the loud, opinionated, fun-loving, sharp-tongued gal I have always been, albeit slightly more depressed. 2010, you have lowered my bullshit tolerance, and I praise you for that - even if it meant dealing with some very tough issues. Aside from some recreational hookah and ganja smoking, I can proudly say that I have not changed, but rather grown. (and not just in size either.)

You have taught me, that though sometimes the best intentions lead to a failed attempt, the happiness of just one friend, for one day is worth it. That's part of being an adult and co-existing for the sake of those you care about. Sometimes you have to learn and grow from experiences. I believe I have. I am entering into a phase of my life, where I am much closer to 30 than 20, and somewhere between saying my final goodbyes to an old friend (way too early in life, I might add)and finding some old friends behavior leaning closer to a high school mentality (and broken friendships,) I have realized that I need to get my shit together.

Nothing in life is ever easy. Farewells, drifting apart from people you have been close to for umpteen years, supporting yourself through a tough economy, having the strength to say "I've had enough." It is all hard, but everything in life needs a little effort to strive. Friendships aren't one-sided...and when they become that way, you can't beat yourself up. Rather, you should be proud that you gave it your best shot, and thankful for the amazing memories that you have had throughout the years. I have no regrets when I lay my head down at night.

I am eternally thankful for the laughter that helped us see through the dark cloud that hung over some of us early in the year, as well as the support and laughter that has helped us to reach the end of it. I'm thankful for the support, happiness, and health of my mom and dad, my brother and his awesome girlfriend Ana. Micro-pimp, the bet LITTLE cousin anyone could ask for. Alex and Adri, two of the realest and most amazing people I know (I treasure you.) Jorge and his never-ending dry wit and character jokes. Ruben, the slightly younger brother I never had. The Beltran, Lara, and Rimblas/Tollefson families - you really are my home away from home. Sistaluv Vikki, and my beautiful niece Sophia - who has brought so much happiness to so many lives...I miss you all so much, and can't wait until I can afford to visit again. Jessalyn and Aria, the 'Unholy Trinity' would not be complete without you, and Eric for giving Jessie so much of the happiness that she deserves. There are so many more people that have made this last year bearable.

And now, the easiest thing I have ever said, to you 2010, thank you for the memories - good, and bad. But I am more than ecstatic to bid you adieu and welcome in 2011 with open arms. Cheers to a new slate.

Sincerely,
Andie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey its like I said, for You...ANYTHING. You ask and Ill be damned if I cant help, create, or get it done for you Andrea...and I extend that to the whole Krapf family, which has literally become a second family to me. I see your family Andrea more than my own and that speaks to me...Im gonna start crying. I love you, Mama Kim, Papa Jim, Frank, Ana, Kristen, etc ... but mostly Andrea ♥ my homegirl, I am down for you without a hestiate or a second thought! I am excite for 2011!